[tz] Getting close to new release: testing, testing, ... [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Sep 12 01:14:13 UTC 2013

Tim Parenti wrote:
> I really would hate to rush such a major systematic overhaul
> into production because there's data to be updated.

Likewise.  But what's being proposed for this release is
not a major systematic overhaul.  It's a minor change that,
in the past, might not even have prompted a new version
number for the data file.  (We previously did a similar
minor change to the POSIX TZ string's interpretation
without changing the version number.)

We are considering more-major changes, but most of these have
never hit the experimental repository, and the few that did
have been reverted.