[tz] Pulling the data apart ...

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Fri Sep 13 19:25:44 UTC 2013

Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 09/13/2013 11:38 AM, Lester Caine wrote:
>> Should there be a tab character between 'Zone' and the name?
>
> No, just white space, i.e., a sequence of one or more white
> space characters.  These are spaces, tabs, carriage-returns,
> form-feeds, or vertical tabs.  In practice only spaces and
> tabs are used, and perhaps we should tighten up the spec
> along those lines.

The bulk of the data loaded cleanly into a spreadsheet using tabs, and it would
not take long to clean up, so I was hoping to get away with the csv library to
process records.

Can I at least assume that there are no plans to split records across line
boundaries? So each one is simply a new line ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL