[tz] TAI as a time zone?

DataPacRat datapacrat at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 01:15:31 UTC 2013

Would it be feasible to include International Atomic Time (TAI) and/or GPS
time (which differs from TAI by a fixed number of seconds) in the tz
database as a time zone separate from UTC?

I ask because I'm getting ready to submit at least one calendar to BCP 47
which is based on the leap-second-free TAI, and from the feedback I've
gotten so far, it seems that the most widely-acceptable way to deal with
the differences between TAI and UTC is to employ the tz database, if it's
possible to do so.

--
Thank you for your time,