[tz] McMurdo/South Pole

Jaakko Hyvätti jaakko.hyvatti at foreca.com
Mon Sep 23 07:01:00 UTC 2013

A concrete example: "Exactly two years before McMurdo was established,
blaa blaa seems to have happened there."  It is reasonable to have that
two years before return something reasonable in local time too.  I think
the 2013e version is more reasonable output.

2013d

$ TZ=Antarctica/McMurdo date
Mon Sep 23 18:56:23 NZST 2013
$ TZ=Antarctica/McMurdo date -d '59 years ago'
Thu Sep 23 18:56:24 zzz 1954

2013e

$ TZ=Antarctica/McMurdo date
Mon Sep 23 18:57:52 NZST 2013
$ TZ=Antarctica/McMurdo date -d '59 years ago'
Thu Sep 23 18:57:55 NZST 1954

Regards,
Jaakko

--