[tz] leapseconds.awk missing from data tarball?

Ian Abbott abbotti at mev.co.uk
Wed Sep 25 17:18:45 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-24 18:39, Matt Burgess wrote:
> I note from the recent release notes that the leap-seconds.list file is
> generated using leapseconds.awk.  Previous to this change, it was
> possible to compile and install the tz files just using the tzdata
> tarball.  As the leapseconds.awk file is only shipped in the tzcode
> tarball, this is now no longer possible.  Would it be possible to ship
> either the leapseconds.awk file, or a generated copy of
> leap-seconds.list in the tzdata tarball so that the tzcode tarball is
> once more no longer required?

ITYM the leapseconds file should be in the tzdata tarball.  It isn't and
that's a bug!  (It mistakenly includes the leapseconds.list file instead
of the leapseconds file.)

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti at mev.co.uk>        )=-
-=( Tel: +44 (0)161 477 1898   FAX: +44 (0)161 718 3587         )=-