[tz] Our Palestinian New Time Zone

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Sep 30 13:46:23 UTC 2013

Fadia Al Marei wrote:
> we need to know what is the needed information and official documents from our side to
> have our TIME Zone which could be published to all companies we are dealing with
> (Microsoft, Redhat Linux , SUSE Linux , SUN , HP , CISCO and others )

Please use the TZ setting 'Asia/Gaza' or 'Asia/Hebron', depending on
whether you're in Gaza or the West Bank; the difference matters only
for pre-2000 time stamps.  This should work for all the suppliers
you're talking about except for Microsoft, which does not use the
tz package.  For more about TZ settings please see
<http://www.iana.org/time-zones/repository/tz-link.html>.