[tz] Our Palestinian New Time Zone

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Mon Sep 30 14:33:18 UTC 2013

On 30 September 2013 15:46, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

> This should work for all the suppliers
> you're talking about except for Microsoft, which does not use the
> tz package.

Actually...  I was looking at the WinRT Calendar docs [1] the other
day and was rather shocked to read the GetTimeZone method returned
"The identifier from the IANA Time Zone Database that identifies the
time zone that is used by this Calendar object. (An example is
"Americas/Los_Angeles" for Pacific Time.)".  Does anyone know If
they've just adopted the IDs using a translation table, or are
actually using the database?

Cheers!

John.

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.globalization.calendar.aspx