[tz] Proposed reversions, for moving forward

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Aug 5 15:10:16 UTC 2014

Eliot Lear wrote:

> On 8/4/14, 1:32 AM, Robert Elz wrote:
>> Yes, it does, and if you really wanted to get rid of all unverified data,
>> you'd remove all of it (from all zones) - the format requires that something
>> be there, not any particular transitions.
>
> What I like about Paul's approach is that he can make changes in perhaps
> small batches so that people can review them in bite-sized pieces.

Yes, and the recent contretemps started mainly because of a batch that
was too large for some in the audience.  The latest proposal is a small
fraction of the original proposal.  I would like to continue to remove
data lacking a reliable source -- a process that's been going on for
some time -- but I guess it'll be one step at a time.