[tz] Proposed reversions, for moving forward

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Aug 6 16:31:10 UTC 2014

Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> Simply ploughing on with the changes, just in smaller batches, does
> not actually make the objectors happy

It doesn't make *me* happy either.  I'd prefer doing these cleanups all
at once to get them over with, but I'm willing to live with doing them
more gradually, they way they've been done for many years.  No end-user
problems have been reported in all that time, and there's no reason to
expect significant problems in the future as we continue to muck out the
stables.

Given the above, if you'd also prefer to get it over with, then we can
do that too (but in a later release of course).