[tz] Proposed reversions, for moving forward

John Hawkinson jhawk at mit.edu
Fri Aug 8 09:07:48 UTC 2014

I hesitate to suggest this, because I think it may be a bad idea
(which is why I sat on it all week), but:

Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote on Tue,  5 Aug 2014
at 08:10:16 -0700 in <53E0F3D8.6080008 at cs.ucla.edu>:

> Eliot Lear wrote:
>
> >What I like about Paul's approach is that he can make changes in perhaps
> >small batches so that people can review them in bite-sized pieces.
>
> Yes, and the recent contretemps started mainly because of a batch
> that was too large for some in the audience.  The latest proposal is
> a small fraction of the original proposal.  I would like to continue
> to remove data lacking a reliable source -- a process that's been
> going on for some time -- but I guess it'll be one step at a time.

Perhaps this work should continue in bite-size portions on a branch
until it is finally done, and only then should that branch be merged
to the trunk and released.

--jhawk at mit.edu
  John Hawkinson