[tz] Clerical patches

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Thu Aug 14 19:15:39 UTC 2014

On 14 August 2014 03:31, Alan Barrett <apb at cequrux.com> wrote:

> I think the descriptions for 0001 and 0002 above are swapped.

Yes, that was my mistake; the cover letter was from a previous rebase; I
had swapped the order afterward and forgot to change the message
accordingly.

On 14 August 2014 01:08, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

> Lines should ordinarily be at most 80 columns.

I'm well aware, as you'll recall I submitted a few 80-column fixes last
week; however, this restriction becomes a bit more nebulous when tab
characters are involved.  Nonetheless, I've tried to fix this up in the
forthcoming reroll.

On 14 August 2014 03:31, Alan Barrett <apb at cequrux.com> wrote:

> It's much easier to read if the tabs are used to to make the
> columns line up nicely (in a display that's configured for one tab every
> 8 columns, in the traditional way), and that sometimes needs more than
> one tab.

On the contrary, tabs shouldn't be used for alignment.  I agree, though,
that it's nicer to have things line up, so I've endeavored to use spaces
for that in the forthcoming reroll.

On 14 August 2014 01:08, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

> The best way to understand the Link directive is to know that it's
> inspired by the Unix ln command.  If you know that, it's clear; if not, the
> header's not going to save you.

Then let's just put one "# Link" header in backward.

Reroll forthcoming...

--
Tim Parenti