[tz] Europe/Glasgow looming?

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Fri Aug 15 06:58:51 UTC 2014

Paul Eggert said:
> Yesterday the BBC reported that Scottish independence

If it happens. I wouldn't count on it yet.

> could mean
> Scotland will part ways with the rest of the UK in the matter of time
> zones, which presumably would mean we'd need a Zone for Europe/Glasgow.

It could mean it. But, again, I'd wait and see what the new administration
does.

> The article does not discuss what might ensue in Ireland.

Northern Ireland would remain part of the UK, so remains on GMT/BST.
The Republic of Ireland remains a separate country.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.