[tz] Non-valid timezones, is there a rule to remove them?

Fabiano Fidêncio fabiano at fidencio.org
Thu Jan 23 16:05:34 UTC 2014

Yoshito,

> I'm maintaining a mapping data between the IANA tzids and Windows time
> zones in the Unicode CLDR project and review the data about quarterly basis
> [
> http://www.unicode.org/repos/cldr/trunk/common/supplemental/windowsZones.xml
> ].

I'd say you're doing an awesome work!
Do you think I could use your work to improve libical regarding to timezone
information?
We are using libical in Evolution (and its friends) and, in evolution-ews,
would be nice if we can have this mapping working properly.
Another question is ... do you think cldr could replace libical? This is
the first time I heard about the project ...

> It looks Windows 8.1 start providing an API returning an IANA Time Zone
> Database ID [
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.globalization.calendar.gettimezone.aspx],
> but I did not try it yet.

I am not able to open this link, unfortunately.

ps: Yoshito, please, remember me to pay you a beer whenever we meet in
person!

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano Fidêncio