[tz] A rollup tz release would be helpful

Andy Heninger aheninger at google.com
Thu Jul 17 23:01:18 UTC 2014

There have been a pretty substantial number of refactoring and cleanup
changes to the experimental tz repository over the last month, and things
now seem to be settling down.

Speaking as the person who does a fair amount of the integration of tz
releases into Google, I would definitely find it helpful to have an
official release that includes these changes happen sooner rather than
later. Past experience suggests that there may be a few internal glitches
to be sorted through, and I would far prefer to handle them now, while not
under pressure to get some low-lead-time rule change deployed in a hurry.
We only deploy official tz releases, not informal repository snapshots.

Thanks,

  -- Andy