[tz] Proposal: Use Git and Github better

Dirkjan Ochtman dirkjan at ochtman.nl
Mon Jul 28 16:38:32 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote:
>> I think that we should all make better use of forking and pull-requests for
>> submitting proposed changes.  Instead of submitting a patch file to the
>> mailing list, one should fork the GitHub repo, make their changes, then
>> create a pull request.
>
> No, I think all patches should be reviewed and discussed on the mailing
> list, since it is archived by IANA, and it is where RFC 6557 says
> discussion should occur.

I know some projects have their pull request stuff sent to the mailing
list email, so it might be possible to use pull requests this way and
still be able to follow discussion via the mailing list. I guess
posting back via email should also be possible, not sure how much
harder that would be to realize.

Cheers,

Dirkjan