[tz] Weeks in Daylight Saving Time

Hank W. hankw1 at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 8 13:27:24 UTC 2014

I just answered a question on Wiki Answers regarding how many weeks are in
Daylight Saving Time.  I don’t know if any of you ever figured this out, so
I thought some of you might find this interesting.

Hank W. of Austin

The duration of Daylight Saving Time (a.k.a. Summer Time) ranges from a low
of 12 weeks in Fiji to a high of 34 weeks in North America and Chile (for
reference, 3 months = 13 weeks, 6 months = 26 weeks, and 9 months = 39
weeks)....

34 weeks/year :

*	United States
*	Canada
*	Cuba
*	Haiti
*	Bermuda
*	Bahamas
*	Turks & Caicos
*	part of Greenland
*	Saint-Pierre & Miquelon
*	parts of Mexico

33 or 34 weeks/year :

*	Chile
*	Easter Island
*	part of Antarctica

30½ or 31½ weeks/year in Israel

30 or 31 weeks/year :

*	Europe, except Russia, Belarus and part of Ukraine
*	Azerbaijan
*	Turkey
*	Cyprus
*	Jordan
*	Lebanon
*	Syria
*	Namibia
*	most of Greenland
*	Azores
*	Canary Islands
*	Madeira Islands

29 or 30 weeks/year in most of Mexico

27 or 28 weeks/year :

*	New Zealand
*	Chatham Islands
*	Samoa
*	part of Antarctica

26½ weeks/year in Iran

26 or 27 weeks/year in Australia

25½ to 31 weeks/year in Morocco and Western Sahara

25 or 26 weeks/year in the Palestinian Territories

24 or 25 weeks/year in Paraguay

22 or 23 weeks/year in Uruguay

17½ to 22 weeks/year in Egypt

17 to 19 weeks/year in Brazil