[tz] Crimea to switch to Moscow Time as of March 30, 2014

John Hawkinson jhawk at mit.edu
Mon Mar 17 18:23:32 UTC 2014

> It could take an exclusive pluralist view and have a country called
> "disputed".

This resonates with me, but I think the instant situation is a bit different.

One imagines that those people in Crimea who agree with the Russian
referendum will switch their time to Russian time, and those who do
not will not.

This suggest we should have not Europe/Simferopol but Ukraine/Simferopol and
Russia/Simferopol.

This also seems like a case where it will be hard to predict exactly
what will happen, and so it may be inadvisable for the tz database to
take a position too early.

--jhawk at mit.edu
  John Hawkinson