[tz] thread-safe localtime

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Mar 21 16:17:00 UTC 2014

Christos Zoulas wrote:
> I wrote the code and I donate it if that matters, but what's more important
> is that the license on those files is the same as the original tz files since
> the differences are minor.

Ah, OK, thanks.  localtime.c is public-domain, but strftime.c and date.c
are BSD-licensed.  The important changes here are to localtime.c; if you
donate all your changes to the public domain, we can merge them into
localtime.c (strftime.c is just the icing on the cake).  So that should
address the legal concerns, though there still is the technical problem
of actually doing the merge.