[tz] thread-safe localtime

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Fri Mar 21 17:07:07 UTC 2014

On Mar 21, 2014, at 9:49 AM, christos at zoulas.com (Christos Zoulas) wrote:

> I forgot to mention, that adopting the manual pages would be nice too, since
> they are in mdoc instead of man format which is much nicer.

It's nicer, but is it as widely supported on the various UN*Xes that have adopted the tz code?  It's supported on *BSD and OS X, and might be supported on at least some Linux distributions, but is it supported on, for example, Solaris?  (Or are all the Solaris man pages in SGML these days, so Oracle would have to rewrite the man pages anyway?)