[tz] Crimea switches to Moscow time at 22:00 local time March 29, 2014

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sun Mar 30 19:11:08 UTC 2014

Those sources are all over the map.

<http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_03_29/Crimea-switches-to-Moscow-time-0223/>
says that the main Simferopol clock changed at 22:00 March 29, and also
that Crimea changed at 14:00 March 30.

<http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_03_30/Crimea-Sevastopol-set-clocks-to-Moscow-time-6601/>
says that the main clock in Sevastopol changed at 02:00 March 30, and
that it also changed at 21:00 March 29.

Although it's unlikely that all these reports are correct, it does seem
that people changed their clocks pretty much at a random time.  Since
our entry is for Europe/Simferopol, I'm mildly inclined to go with the
headlines on the first article and use the main Simferopol clock; this
would have the advantage of leaving experimental tz database alone.