[tz] Fwd: Politics of TZ changes

Gwillim Law gwillim at gmail.com
Tue May 13 21:58:14 UTC 2014

The start and end dates of Ramadan are unpredictable only within one day.
If the sole religious consideration is to ensure that standard time
prevails for the entire month of Ramadan, that can be met by extending the
period of standard time so that it encompasses all of the possible duration
of Ramadan. The practical consideration of having the time change occur
during a weekend could then be met as well.

The hitch, of course, is getting the governments concerned to see the value
of this expedient.

Gwillim Law