[tz] historic sub-second time offsets

Arthur David Olson arthurdavidolson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 16:46:00 UTC 2014

> The tz database has always eschewed sub-second offsets.

This was a result of the early work being focused on supporting
non-sub-second functions such as "localtime;"
absence of sub-second timestamps in early versions of UNIX also played a
role.

We might expect TZDBv6 to have sub-second offsets, as well as Julian
calendar support, Persian calendar support, and noon typing (solar, local
mean, civil:-)

    @dashdashado