[tz] coding style for tzcode?

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Oct 4 20:35:23 UTC 2014

Christos Zoulas wrote:
> This indentation is clearly wrong

Yes, that indentation-by-16 went off the rails.  We should probably fix that the
next time we happen to be changing the neighborhood.

> I don't any discussion about changing the coding style anywhere.

I've tried to avoid making global style changes even when I thought they would
improve the code.  Part of this is to avoid unwanted differences (diff -bw does
not suffice, unfortunately), and part is out of respect to the previous
maintainer, who has a distinct style that I'm loath to discard everywhere merely
because it has problems somewhere or because it grates on me.  For my own
changes, though, I haven't hesitated to use a slightly different style that I
think works better; this is not recent practice, as I recall doing that even
with code I contributed many years ago.