[tz] Fiji DST Oct 26

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 08:19:00 UTC 2014

On 21/10/14 02:03, Ken Rylander wrote:
> For my UNIX servers and Java applications, I can control what timezone
> files to use. But regarding handset OS's, there is currently no official
> way of updating the tz data. Hopefully that will change in the future.
> After all, they are called smartphones, so there should be a way to
> "tell them" about late changes to timezone information.

Which is the object of the tzdist working group, but I'd like to see a
little more consideration given to how a short notice change is flagged.
That a meeting was scheduled perhaps 12 months before for next week and
it may now happen an hour adrift is easy to miss if one has the original
time in your head? ;) Not a problem for tz or tzdist but since we have
the information that a change is required ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL