[tz] Chile TZ rule 1942 June superfluous?

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Apr 4 00:03:00 UTC 2015

Alois Treindl wrote:
> I have extracted http://www.horaoficial.cl/historia_hora.html

That page was formerly published in an English translation, archived at:

http://web.archive.org/web/20120306042032/http://www.horaoficial.cl/ing/horaof_ing.html

> It does contains the onset of DST rules in 1927 for 'cada ano' = each year, but
> no mention of a change of rules in 1932.

Yes, it seems to be more of a "greatest hits" page -- it doesn't attempt to list
all changes, just some interesting ones.

> By the way, it is interesting to note that this source confirms in the 1946
> entry a division of the country into two zones, 'la capital y la zone central'
> and 'el resto del pais'. The capital is represented in tzdata as
> America/Santiago, the 'resto del pais' is not represented in tzdata, probably
> because the split ended before 1970.

Yes, that's right.

You can find the table used as the source for much of the tz database's Chile
data archived at:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080330200901/http://www.horaoficial.cl/cambio.htm

I've reviewed all the above sources and have come up with the attached proposed
changes to the tz database, which affect only time stamps in Chile before 1991.
  Thanks for bringing the problems to our attention.