[tz] Egypt DST cancelled at least for 2015

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Apr 21 06:45:04 UTC 2015

Tim Parenti wrote:
> Proposed patch attached, which leaves transitions for 2016 and beyond intact,
> pending the opinion poll.

Thanks.  I understand that the polling is done and Egypt's citizens said "no".
The government wants to leave open the possibility that DST will resume next
year, but I guess that this'll happen only if energy prices shoot up before
then, and so DST likely won't be observed next year either.  So how about the
attached simpler patch instead?

We do need a new release soon, since the current database is wrong for Egypt
starting May 1.