[tz] Belarus is listed in MSK timezone

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sat Apr 4 09:47:29 UTC 2015

On 04/04/15 01:52, Guy Harris wrote:
>> - Europe/Minsk is the time zone identifier
>> > which provides the link to the set of rules bing used.
> Sets of rules, plural - Europe/Minsk switched between "C-Eur", "Russia", and "-" i.e. "none", and is currently using "none" rather than "Russia" (as is Europe/Moscow).

That was my mistake ... I had not actually checked and had in mind that
MSK was a Russian rule set ... rather than a single fixed offset.

The problem with using any of the abbreviations as a timezone identifier
is exactly the same problem as happens with the 'time offset' still
incorrectly supplied via the browser. One has no idea if the client is
in a DST zone or simply a fixed offset. The time zone identifier is the
only thing that reliably identifies if DST is in use!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL