[tz] tzfiles contain Unix epoch for the first transition time

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Fri Aug 14 14:18:29 UTC 2015

On 13/08/15 17:21, Eric Erhardt wrote:
> Notice the first entry is for 1970, and then the next entry is for 1883.
> This breaks the documentation in 'man tzfile':

The first entry was probably a 'null' timestamp? And the software has to
display a valid date for which the current 'default' is used. I see this
sort of problem often when looking at genealogical data where '0' has
been used as an unknown date. The results depend on just which date
processing software is being used ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL