[tz] Uruguay out of DST

Paul_Koning at dell.com Paul_Koning at dell.com
Thu Jul 9 17:29:58 UTC 2015

> On Jul 9, 2015, at 1:17 PM, Chris Erskine <chris at cerskine.com> wrote:
>
> Actually, there are reasons to put this out as soon as you can.  If I schedule something today that occurs when the change occurs, then my data will be out of sync.  Some organizations will be dependent on future times and need the data update ASAP.  These type of organizations will try to turn around changes quickly.  Other organizations may not care as much so they will not push to get the update.

But that only helps for events you create after the date when the change becomes known.

Suppose I have a regular meeting “every monday at 10 am, until further notice”.  If the politicians change the TZ rules after the creation time of that repeating appointment, the later occurrences will be wrong.

More precisely, that will be the case if you translate the time to UTC when the appointment is created.  So the answer is that doing so is a bug: you have to save the time as local time of the meeting owner, and not as UTC.  With that fix, the issue you mentioned goes away.

	paul