[tz] Uruguay out of DST

Deborah Goldsmith goldsmit at apple.com
Fri Jul 10 16:15:11 UTC 2015

It’s certainly appropriate to verify the data is correct before releasing it. I was responding to the idea that there’s no rush to release it. It’s important for many companies for IANA to release the data as soon as possible, so there is time to integrate it. As someone else pointed out, delays can cause new data to miss a release and have to wait for the next one. That can make the difference between being in time for a change, and not being in time.

Let me rephrase: is there any reason to wait once the data is verified? Is there anything we can do to increase confidence in this particular change?

Thanks,
Deborah