[tz] Uruguay out of DST

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sun Jul 12 08:01:33 UTC 2015

On 11/07/15 20:54, Paul Ganssle wrote:
> I find it hard to believe that anything as a full OS update is required
> to update time zone data, but even if so, not to be callous or anything,
> but this only affects people in areas where time zones are unstable on
> short notice. This is probably a fairly small number of people in the
> scheme of things, and it's not like the inconvenience would persist
> indefinitely.

Actually that was one of the arguments for leaving things out of the
first pass of the tzdist protocol ... FORTUNATELY it did not get
accepted, but some elements of the protocol are 'optional', so a
publisher can set up and ignore anything that they can't be bothered to
handle! It will still be compliant ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL