[tz] Uruguay out of DST

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca
Tue Jul 14 02:05:38 UTC 2015

On 2015-07-13 12:52, Paul Eggert wrote:
>>> Source: http://www.camtur.com.uy/index.php/noticias/281-se-derogo-decreto-del-cambio-de-horario-de-verano
> That is a press release published by an organization lobbying for the change, and surely such a source is less reliable than the newspapers we're already citing.
> The whole thing is very mysterious, at least to this outsider.

There has to be certain level of skepticism towards all journalistic reports that do not reference enacting legislation or provide a link to such, unless the source is known to be highly reliable e.g. ABC(AU), BBC(UK), CBC(CA), etc.
The list members and maintainer rely on residents or knowledgeable outsiders to figure out where on governments' constantly evolving web sites current legislation can be found.
Unfortunately the web links used for the previous change legislation are rarely sufficiently similar to that for the current change to allow the latest document to be found e.g. Uruguay southamerica zone America Montevideo comments:
# http://www.presidencia.gub.uy/decretos/2004091502.htm
# http://www.presidencia.gub.uy/_Web/noticias/2005/03/2005031005.htm
# http://www.presidencia.gub.uy/_Web/decretos/2005/09/CM%20119_09%2009%202005_00001.PDF
# http://www.presidencia.gub.uy/_web/decretos/2006/09/CM%20210_08%2006%202006_00001.PDF
# http://archivo.presidencia.gub.uy/sci/decretos/2015/06/cons_min_201.pdf
and depending on other relevant search terms used against that site, Google can at best find only PDFs for the 2004 decree, or a 2006 study about 2005 anti-smoking legislation. ;^>

--
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis