[tz] No DST for Uruguay since 2015

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Jul 20 23:49:32 UTC 2015

Deborah Goldsmith wrote:
> is there something else we’re waiting for to release this change?

We're not waiting for anything in particular.  This is just the usual slow
period during summer, where we can circulate less-urgent changes and give them
time to sink in and be corrected.

It's long been common practice to not issue new releases unless there's a
reasonably urgent need.  For example, last year we were notified July 1 of the
Russia change, and a new release came out August 5.  There was no rush because
the change didn't take effect until October.  This year we were notified June 30
of the Uruguay change, a change that also doesn't take effect until October.
There is no rush this year either.