[tz] Proposal: validation text file with releases

Jon Skeet skeet at pobox.com
Sat Jul 25 13:34:50 UTC 2015

I've now changed the format on github to the one Howard proposed, updating
the data on http://nodatime.org/tzvalidate (still uploading) and the
various tools.
Now that we (by default) include all the data available before the cutoff
point (2035 by default) this hopefully removes at least some of the
concerns Paul raised earlier, too.

I'm trying to give all the tools a common command line interface:

-s: source (where required)
-f: from year (first year to show transitions for; defaults to "before any
transitions are likely to be recorded")
-t: to year (year to stop showing transitions; defaults to 2035)
-z: zone (if specified, only a single zone is shown)

(I don't know exactly who cares about my progress on this, but I thought it
wouldn't hurt to keep the list up to date...)

Jon