[tz] suggestions for potential code improvements?

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Jul 30 19:50:21 UTC 2015

Kees Dekker wrote:
> Will I get the latest sources (including all previously sent patches) when I run: git clone https://github.com/eggert/tz.git?

Yes, the intent is that the experimental Github version reflects all the
acceptable patches.

> Anyhow, I created a simple example where I found that gcc does not recognize any mismatch in int types (between declaration and definition) with only const qualifiers are added. Also note the strange error regarding the [const] char * mismatch.

GCC is working correctly in your example, and there's nothing strange about it:
it's what the C standard says.  'const' at the top level of an argument
declaration is irrelevant as far as the caller is concerned.  I discussed this here:

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2015-July/022519.html