[tz] America/Santa_Isabel

Matt Johnson (PNP) matt.johnson at microsoft.com
Mon Nov 9 19:19:03 UTC 2015

WRT my previous comment: "I've got a parallel discussion going within Microsoft about this zone, and will share the findings of our research. "

Our research concluded that there is no known location in the state of Baja California that observes Mexican DST rules.  All are on US DST rules.  The 20km boundary mentioned in the law applies in the other Mexican states, but not in Baja California due to the exclusions mentioned in the same law.

This agrees with ADO’s observations about San Quintin.

Also, the Wikipedia information about San Quintin becoming its own municipality is outdated.  The decision was overturned by the Mexican supreme court due to jurisdictional issues.  See:
http://www2.scjn.gob.mx/juridica/engroses/cerrados/Publico/13000980.009-2688.doc

Thanks,

Matt Johnson
Microsoft