[tz] Hyder Alaska

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Mon Nov 9 20:36:18 UTC 2015

Steve Jones <stevejones at OnTimeZone.com> writes:

> I have no idea if there should be entries for such unofficial
> exceptions, but I assume it should be all or none.

Not all of these have their own entries because many of them are served
well enough by the official zone that they match (for example, pockets
of Indiana that observed EDT unofficially prior to 2006 are served by
America/New_York or America/Louisville).

As far as I know, tzdb's policy is to have the "borders" of each zone
exclusively follow de facto observance, without any distinction between
"officially A, unofficially B" vs the bulk of the "B" zone, unless the
situation changed some time between 1970 and now.