[tz] Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) to retain “leap second”

Steffen Nurpmeso sdaoden at yandex.com
Fri Nov 20 18:11:28 UTC 2015

walter harms <wharms at bfs.de> wrote:
 |Am 20.11.2015 16:53, schrieb Paul_Koning at dell.com:
 |> I'm puzzled.  Are there still marine navigators who have a sextant \
 |> at hand, never mind know how to use one, let alone active use it?  \
 |> And celestial navigation in airplanes disappeared, what, 50 years a\
 |> go?  More?

 |The US Navy does:
 |http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2015/10/19/u_s_naval_academy_\
 |reinstates_celestial_navigation_education.html
 |
 |And based on the photo inside the article the russian do also

Not taking into account Polynesians which didn't need even that,
not few people are afraid that western society would collapse
uncontrollably because knowledge that has been acquired over
milleniums has been carelessly forgotten in less than a century.
I.e., i for one wouldn't survive without a supermarket, especially
in winter.  I know how to preserve fruit, but that is it.

--steffen