[tz] Different tzdata-latest.tar.gz files returned from different servers

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Oct 10 04:53:11 UTC 2015

David Kyes wrote:
> I have been receiving 2 different responses for the tzdata-latest.tar.gz depending on which icann.org server handles the request. cache1.lax.icann.org is responding with the 2015f tzdata file and "cache1.lax.icann.org" is returning the 2015g.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I assume by the second 'cache1' you meant 'cache2'. I
informed ICANN about the general problem yesterday, after another user noticed
it. The problem appears to occur with other URLs as well. We will let the list
know when the caches are fixed.  In the meantime, these URLs should work:

https://www.iana.org/time-zones/repository/releases/tzcode2015g.tar.gz
https://www.iana.org/time-zones/repository/releases/tzdata2015g.tar.gz