[tz] America/Santa_Isabel

Arthur David Olson arthurdavidolson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 20:42:14 UTC 2015

> So it appears that the experimental github version is the way to go.
> Namely, remove America/Santa_Isabel (since it was a false alarm) and
leave behind a backwards-compatibility link for it.

Baja California Norte is, as of this writing, divided into five municipios
(think counties in US terms).
If we've got all the updates to the law, the entire municipios of Tijuana,
Ensenada, and Mexicali (as distinct from those cities) follow US rules, as
do places within 20 km of the Mexico/US border. This weekend's monitoring
of XEQIN tends to confirm the supposition that all of the municipio of
Ensenada uses US rules.

There are parts of the remaining two municipios--Tecate and Playas de
Rosarito--that are south of the 20 km zone; they might follow Mexican
rules. If they do, they're surrounded on all sides by Mexican areas
following US rules (or ocean); this seems unlikely, but we are in the realm
of time zones (take Indiana--please).

Improvidently, I've failed to find any radio stations with an online
presence located in the Tecate or Playas de Rosarito areas of interest.

    @dashdashado