[tz] America/Santa_Isabel

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Oct 27 17:31:03 UTC 2015

Matt Johnson wrote:
> there is a corresponding entry in Windows,  "Pacific Standard Time (Mexico) |(UTC-08:00) Baja California"

I'm afraid this will have to be adjusted on the Microsoft end. There needs to be
a procedure for removing time zones that turn out to be mistakes.
America/Santa_Isabel is a mistake, and I suppose we can view this as an
opportunity for ironing out any procedural glitches while removing it. We do
have a backward compatibility link on the tzdata side; perhaps that will help
for the Microsoft side.

> Also, there's a chance that San Quintin could indeed start using Mexican DST rules in 2017,

We can create a zone America/San_Quintin if that happens.