[tz] Version in zoneinfo files?

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Thu Oct 29 00:12:51 UTC 2015

On Oct 27, 2015, at 9:20 AM, lester at lsces.co.uk wrote:

> The major problem all the time is identifying just what rules were applied when processing historic data, which may actually only be a current meeting diary.

If by "historic data" you mean "pre-1970 data", I'm not sure why that would be needed for a current meeting diary, and it's not the major problem *all* the time, it's a problem for people using the tzdb to try to convert between UTC ("proleptic UTC"?) and local time for times prior to the Epoch, which might be a significant subset of the users of the tzdb, but it's still a (proper) subset of those users.