[tz] Version in zoneinfo files?

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Oct 29 00:44:29 UTC 2015

On 29/10/15 00:29, Guy Harris wrote:
> If a user has a *full* TZ set of data and then looks at some historic material they may see the wrong times and possibly dates, if the pre-1970 information is wrong. :-)
We know that some pre 1970 material is suspect. I've no argument with
that, but as much verified data currently exists in backzone as
unverified! As long as the unverified data is consistent until such time
as more accurate data is established then the version number is
sufficient to identify updates to historic data as it does future
changes? It's the use of proven incorrect pre-1970 data in the truncated
TZ that is my problem :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL