[tz] timezone change for antarctica\casey [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Fri Oct 30 03:24:06 UTC 2015

    Date:        Fri, 30 Oct 2015 02:52:14 +0000
    From:        Michael Chinn <Michael.Chinn at aad.gov.au>

  | Im not too sure on the correct formatting for submitting changes to tzdata
  | or if the Antarctic tzdata is still being maintained?

Anything is OK, and yes, it is.

  | There is a change for the Australian Antarctic zone
  | Antarctica/Casey  went to +1100 for Summer operations on
  | Sunday 04 October at 2am.

The last we heard it was still being considered.   Knowing it happened
is useful, thanks.

Can we now assume, do you think, that Casey will be switching back and
forth between +0800 and +1100 in accordance with Australian summer time
shifts for the forseeable future (that 3 hour offset change will break
assumptions made in some code I expect!)

  | Also,  there is an location for Wilkins Aerodrome that technically
  | can have its own timeone separate from Casey.
  | If it is useful I can get some historical dates?

Please do, thanks.

What's useful to know is when it was first founded/settled, what times
were in use locally, when they altered (as accurately as possible) and
what the prediction is for the future.

kre