[tz] timezone database isn't everywhere yet

Arthur David Olson arthurdavidolson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 22:03:06 UTC 2015

I serve on the board of elections for Takoma Park, Maryland, USA.. Early
voting in our city election started on 2015-10-28; election day is
2015-11-03.

The city uses county-provided electronic poll books to track who has voted.
Two were in use on the 28th. I noticed that they were showing times that
differed by an hour. I inquired about it; I was told it was deliberate, and
was because daylight saving time was in effect when voting started whereas
standard time will be in effect when voting ends.

If only we had a way for gizmos to automatically switch the clock when
daylight saving time ends.-S

    @dashdashado