[tz] Turkey delays winter time

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Sep 19 15:28:40 UTC 2015

Fatih wrote:
> According to news published an hour ago government (Turkey) will postpone
> end of summer time to 8th of November due to the security issues related
> with the national election that will be held on 1st Nov.

Thanks for the heads-up. There's no rush as the change wouldn't take effect for
more than a month, and we can wait for official confirmation.

Election security in Turkey is a serious business, often with some fatalities
involved. Let's hope this time works better than the last time the Turkish
government futzed with daylight saving time while conducting an election:

http://www.balkaneu.com/eventful-elections-turkey/