[tz] Turkey delays winter time

Soner Gönül soner.gonul at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 17:47:17 UTC 2015

I'm from Turkey and *still *there is no official announcement about this
delay as far as I know. Looks like Sozcu newspaper (
http://www.sozcu.com.tr/2015/gunun-icinden/saatler-ne-zaman-geri-alinacak-yaz-saati-uygulamasinin-bitisi-ertelendi-940756/)
wrote it without any official announcement. I tweeted and mailed to them
but no feedback yet. Usually, these DST changes announce in Resmi Gazete (
http://www.resmigazete.gov.tr/default.aspx) as Matt mentioned. But there is
no announcement for this.

1,5 hour ago a new topic published in Haberturk (
http://www.haberturk.com/ekonomi/enerji/haber/1131744-kis-saati-uygulamasi-ertelendi)
on this topic. And it says;

Government Spokesman Numan Kurtulmuş (
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numan_Kurtulmu%C5%9F): "Department of
> Energy *continues *study. *Most probably*, it will be delay 15 days ahead
> (from Oct 25th to Nov 8th). This is considered as one of the national
> selection precautions. On 8 or 9 November, DST will be canceled and it
> will switch to normal time."

IMHO, it is *okey *to update tz database as Paul did.

--
Soner Gönül
http://sonergonul.net