[tz] Turkey Delays DST End (Oct 25 -> Nov 8)

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Sep 29 20:06:13 UTC 2015

On 09/29/2015 12:02 AM, ozgur.yuksel at oracle.com wrote:
> Clocks will be turned back one hour from 4:00 (4 am) to 3:00 (3
> am) local time on Sunday, November 8, 2015.
>
> http://www.timeanddate.com/news/time/turkey-delays-dst-end-2015.html
>
> 2015f does not seem to have the respective change.

As reported in
<http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2015-September/022672.html>, that
change is in the experimental tzdata version on Github, as it was
mentioned in the Turkish press as early as September 8.  I've held off
on an official release because as far as we knew the Turkish government
hadn't yet announced the change, and there was still a possibility that
the whole thing was in trial-balloon stage.  However, news articles
published in the last 24 hours indicate that the decision has now been
published in the official gazette (T.C. Resmi Gazete).  Although my
Turkish isn't good enough to navigate through the official gazette's
website, I'm becoming inclined to put out a new tzdata release soon,
based on what's in the experimental version now.