[tz] New tzdata 'America/Santiago' 2016

John Haxby john.haxby at oracle.com
Sat Apr 2 09:37:21 UTC 2016

> On 2 Apr 2016, at 00:48, Ángel González <keisial at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> El 31/03/16 22:59, Bustos Alvarez, Cristian escribió:
>>
>>   Hi,
>>
>> I want know if you have update the new timezone 2016 for Chile, because to 3 weeks ago the chilean goberment has decided change from GMT -03:00 to -04:00 in May 14.
>>
>> We need create a patche for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.
> Yes, it was updated. You need to ensure you have the data of the latest tz version (2016c). Red Hat *should* provide that update to their customers. Albeit I don't know their timelines for doing so…

Red Hat don’t provide updates for tzdata or anything unless you’ve signed up for Extended Update Support.   Without that that, RHEL4 hasn’t received any updates since mid-February 2013; including security updates.

However, it should be easy to drop the 2016c tar ball into the RHEL4 source rpm and just rebuild it which will get you out of a hole until you can update the machine to something that’s receiving updates.

jch