[tz] New leap second

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Aug 8 16:32:12 UTC 2016

Tibor Vidók wrote:

> Is there any estimation when the new tzdata package containing the leap second information will be available?

I expect we'll discover the need for daylight-saving changes in September and
October for later this year, and the leap-second change won't happen until after
that anyway, so my guess is Octoberish.  (December at the latest. :-) If you
need to push out something right now please feel free to use what's on GitHub
now; you can combine its leap-second file with the other files of the current tz
release.